Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy
What is PRP Therapy?
Please note that this treatment can only be performed by a Dermatologist.
Request a referral.
Stimulate the Healing Cascade
Also known as the ‘vampire facial’, this treatment involves the re-injection of plasma taken from your own body. By stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, this treatment can assist with skin rejuvenation and tissue regeneration.
What type of result can I expect to see?
Improved skin tone and texture and a reduction in the more superficial signs of acne.*
* Individual results may vary. This treatment is done by a doctor in the clinic and patients need to consult with one of our consulting dermatologists beforehand.
How long does the treatment take?
Treatment takes ±90 minutes including draw the blood, spinning it in a centrifuge to separate the components and injecting the prepared solution into the different layers of the skin.
How many treatments will I need?
As prescribed by your Dermatologist.
What can I expect following the treatment?
- Patients can experience some redness, which should resolve itself within 24 hours.
- There is no downtime and patients can continue with their normal skin care regime after 48 hours.
- Some swelling can be expected. Bruising is common if delicate or sensitive areas are to be treated but this will resolve itself within 7 – 10 days.
- Scabs from wound healing should not be picked or removed, as this can result in pigmentation or scarring.
Will there be any downtime?
There is no downtime and patients can continue with their normal skin care regime after 48 hours.
Browse our Store@LCM
Alleviate immediate skin dryness and experience excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.